Facial Waxing Course- (Warm and Hot Wax methods) Facial Waxing Diploma Half-Day Course
Cost: - £125 (Booking Fee of £50.00 required to confirm booking)
Course Accreditation: This course is accredited by Professional Beauty Direct (equivalent to 18 cpd points)
Certifications/Qualifications gained: Michelle Collins Spa and Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma - Insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: None - suitable for beginners
WHAT IS A FACIAL WAXING TREATMENT?
Waxing is the most popular used method with its ability to remove hairs quickly and efficiently. Soft wax is a much quicker treatment than hard wax. The wax is applied sparingly and removed straight after; it is not left on the skin to dry like hot wax. It is very easy to control the application of the soft wax making it ideal for facial hair removal e.g. lips, chin, eyebrow and sideburns. Soft wax is applied to the skin in a very thin layer using a spatula. A fabric or paper strip is then pressed on the waxed area and removed quickly causing minimum discomfort. Hard wax is applied to the skin in a thicker layer using a spatula - it is then allowed to dry until sticky and then is pulled and removed quickly causing minimum discomfort.
• Larger areas can be waxed at once
• It is suitable for most hair types fine and coarse. It can remove strong deep rooted hairs successfully
• Hair re-growth is finer
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
• How to manage your working environment
• Code of practice and insurance for therapists
• Consultation procedure including contra-indications
• Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
• Health & safety
• Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
• How to prepare for threading treatments
• How to carry out safely and effectively: full facial hair removal using waxing techniques (Warm and Hot)
• How to Measure and shape the Eyebrows
• Different Eyebrow and Facial Shapes
• Anatomy and physiology for Waxing treatments
• Facial Waxing treatment routine
Duration: Half Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Case Studies: You will be required to submit 6 case studies (2 Brows, 2 Lips, 2 Chins) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
Entry Requirement: None, although we do recommend studying Anatomy & Physiology alongside this course
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement - please complete the booking form HERE to book and arrange what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)