Foundation Waxing Course (Full Body using Warm/Soft Wax )
Cost: - £165 (Deposit £50)
Course Accreditation Bodies: This course is insurable and accredited by the Professional Beauty Direct (equivalent to 18 cpd points) Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Michelle Collins Spa and Beauty Training accredited/recognised diploma allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
Pre-Requisite: None - suitable for beginners
WHAT IS A WAXING TREATMENT?
Waxing is one of the most popular salon treatments for which clients return every four to six weeks, which is an excellent regular income. This course is ideal for complete beginners to waxing and without any previous qualifications. Waxing is the most popular used method for hair removal due the ability to remove hairs quickly and efficiently. During this foundation waxing course students will learn how to perform warm strip waxing on Legs, Basic Bikini, Forearms, Face/Eyebrows and Underarms. Correct technique and practice are taught along with client care and consultation, contra indications and giving the correct after care advice. Hair growth cycle and its relationship to waxing are also covered.
Benefits of Waxing:-
• Larger areas can be waxed at once
• It is suitable for most hair types fine and coarse. It can remove strong deep rooted hairs successfully
• Hair re-growth is finer Course Content & Learning Outcomes
• How to manage your working environment
• Code of practice and insurance for therapists
• Consultation procedure including contra-indications
• Contra-actions to the treatment and aftercare advice
• Health & safety
• Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
• How to prepare for Waxing treatments
• How to carry out safely and effectively: Removal of hair from Legs, Bikini Line, Underarms, Chin, Lip and Eyebrows using Warm waxing techniques
• How to Measure and shape the Eyebrows
• Different Eyebrow and Facial Shapes
• Anatomy and physiology for Waxing treatments
• Waxing treatment routines
Duration: One Day Practical in the Classroom (if training with other students)
Home study: 2 day guided learning hours required to be completed before the training day (emailed to you). This allows for an intensive one day practical study of the routine
Case Studies: Case studies will be required before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
Entry Requirement: None, although we do recommend studying Anatomy & Physiology alongside this course An introduction to Hot Waxing Methods Course (Half Day) can be purchased alongside this course for £55
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other - NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practice on.
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement - please complete the booking form HERE to book and arrange what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)