Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage - One-Day Course
WHAT IS AN INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE TREATMENT?
Indian Head Massage is based on traditional Indian massage techniques that have been practiced in India for about 1,000 years. Originally it was exclusively a massage of the head and hair follicles only, but over time it has developed to incorporate massage to the face, scalp, neck, neck, shoulders, upper arms and upper back.
Cost - £170.00
Booking Fee - £50.00
Pre-Requisite: None - suitable for beginners, although we do recommend that you study Level 3 Anatomy & Physiology alongside this course. Course Length: 1 day
Awarding Body: This course is insurable and accredited/approvedby Professional Beauty Direct and Towergate. It has the equivalent of 26cpd points.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
This is a very in-depth course covering:
• Course Objective
• History and benefits of Indian Head Massage
• Chakra System
• To learn basic massage techniques
• Client Consultation procedure
• Consultation Form
• GP Referral Letter
• Contraindications and Client's expectations
• How to prepare for the treatment
• Hygiene and Professionalism
• Preparing your work area
• Your working environment
• Health & Safety
• Health & Safety for COSHH Regulations
• Industry Regulations
• Professional Ethics
• Data Protection/GDPR/Client Confidentiality
• Risk Assessment
• Code of practise for Therapists
• Aftercare Advise
• Anatomy & Physiology relevant to this treatment
• Indian Head Massage Therapy routine
• Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
• 1 day practical
• 6 case studies to be completed before certification. Certifications/Qualifications Attained: Michelle Collins Spa and Beauty Training Diploma, accredited and recognised to enable you to gain insurance and use this therapy with the general public and charge.
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other - NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practice on
Insurance: Our training courses follow the National Occupational Standards set out by HABIA and are validated and accredited by Professional Beauty Direct and are fully insurable allowing you to gain insurance and use therapy with the general public and charge.
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement - please complete the booking form HERE to book and arrange what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)