Pedicure - 2 Days Course
Our Pedicure course is designed to enable candidates to offer a professional pedicure service to the public. Pedicures are always a popular service in salons as our feet carry the weight of our whole body and need lots of tender, loving care. Learn how to perform a reviving pedicure treatment, and see your clients return time and again. A great treatment to offer in the Summer or Winter, for holidays and special occasions or just to make your customers feel as though they are walking on air.Pedicures are a very popular and relaxing treatment to do; you will learn how to adapt this treatment from a basic pedicure to a more spa like luxury treatment including exfoliation, masks, heated booties and paraffin wax.
Cost: - £165
Booking Fee - £50
Course Duration - 2 days – home learning, practical day and assessment day.
Pre-requisite: There are no formal entry requirements for this course. Suitable for beginners. Students must be a minimum of 16 years old. Exam / assessment info: You will be assessed by continual observation throughout the course, to ensure that you have all the knowledge that you will need to practice your skills professionally.
Kit: Please note a Kit is NOT included in course price but can be provided (price tbc) as a kit will be required after the course for this treatment to complete your case studies)
• Home Study (12 guided learning hours)
• 1 Day Practical and Assessment Day
• 5 case studies (1 Dark Colour Paint, 1 Red Paint, 1 Light Colour Paint, 2 French Paints) before you receive your certificate (although please note if the tutor feels that you have not reached a competent standard after completing your practical training and case studies then you will be set a reassessment. There is an additional charge for this being £40.00).
Qualification / Certification: Upon successful completion of the course you will be awarded a ‘Pedicure Diploma’ by Michelle Collins Spa and Beauty Training accredited by Professional Beauty Direct and fully insurable.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes
• Course Objectives
• Learning Outcomes
• History of Pedicure
• Aims of Pedicure
• Benefits of Pedicure
• Equipment needed to perform a Pedicure Treatment
• Identification of nail disorders and contra-actions to treatment
• Aftercare Advice
• Client Consultation Process
• Client Consultation Form
• Confidential Client Record Form
• GDPR Client Form
• GP Referral Letter
• Under 16 Consent Form
• Client Disclaimer
• Health, Safety & Hygiene
• Preparing your Work Area
• Carrying out a Risk Assessment
• Sanitation, Sterilisation, Disinfection
• Health & Safety & Regulations
• Industry Regulations such as COSHH, Fire Regulations etc
• Professional Ethics and Standards of Practice
• GDRP and Client Confidentiality
• Code of Practice and Insurance for Therapists
• Business Practice
• The Business Plan
• The Legalities of running a Business
• Marketing and Public Relations
• Importance of Customer Service
• Record Keeping
• Anatomy and Physiology relevant to Pedicure Treatments
• Massage Movements
• Foot and lower leg Massage Routine
• Pedicure Treatment Routine
MODEL MAY BE REQUIRED: If more than one student is booked onto the course then students will be practising on each other - NOTE: if no other students book onto the course then the course will run as 1-2-1 training on a model which you will need to bring with you to practice on.
TRAINING DATES: Training dates are booked by individual arrangement - please complete the booking form HERE to book and arrange what month you are looking to do the course (a list of training dates will then be sent to you and you pick the most convenient date for you)